Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Philosophy Talk

Today marked my first meeting as a student researcher for the radio show Philosophy Talk. I'm basically super excited to have a summer job where I'll be learning a lot about what I love to learn about. The work I'll be doing will feel real and interesting, UNLIKE the experience of sitting at an office chair literally just waiting for my shift to be over (#summer2k11). Everyone else at the meeting seemed much more knowledgeable and self-assured than me, but I guess that's a good thing.

The radio show is hosted by Kenn Taylor, the director of the Symbolic Systems program at Stanford, and John Perry, a Philosophy professor emeritus. Every episode is about a different philosophical issue, with a giant range of topics from neuroscience and the law to language's effect on conceptions of responsibility.

Check out the site for the neat deets:

philosophytalk.org

No comments:

Post a Comment