Wednesday, June 20, 2012

High School "Senior Thesis"

Back in high school, there were no such things as Philosophy courses. I knew I liked what I thought was Philosophy, but I never had the opportunity to actually study it in a formal academic setting. All seniors at my school participate in a research project called THE SENIOR THESIS, and the idea is that you can pick anything in the whole world to learn and write about. I decided to try to write about fear of death in a philosophical context. I've always been terrified of dying, and I was hoping that studying the reasons for and against this fear would A) let me try out philosophizing for school and B) cure me. A certainly panned out. B, not so much. But here's a link to the final (disclaimer: high school quality) product:

Epicurean Thanatology: The Irrationality of Fear of Death


No comments:

Post a Comment